December 22, 2009

Precious Memories


Christmas..circa 1970 something..


Can you guess who is who?
Hear is a hint.. that's our dad on the couch.
I have very vivid memories of my childhood. I actually remeber this picture and taking it.
Sunday I was at my mamma's house for dinner.
(A tradition we still keep alive )
And as I was looking around I noticed quite a few items that have grown up with me.

I was amazed when I went to Athen's and saw these everywhere!!
My mom has had the mini Santa mugs for as long as I can remember.

And this little darling.
I love the little lamb.

One of my favs.. I call him Santa with dreads.

(forgive the flash, my mom's house is dark.)
He is coned shaped - I do believe a throwback to the 60's.


My mom's china cabinet.
The salt and pepper shakers are too cute. Another item I grew up with.

These dishes have been in our family for many generations.
When the owner passes away they are then given to the youngest girl in the family.
After my mother, that would be my daughter Taylor. I think that they may go back to the 1900's.
We have NEVER eaten on them ..nor taken them out.
My mom would probably have a heart attack on site!!!
I would not even dream of trying.
My parents are older now- in their 80's. I have been blessed to spend many years with them.
And if the Lord allows them to see this Christmas..then that is another precious memory that I will cherish always.


4 comments:

  1. After my parents died, and my sister and I were going through their house, I kept some of their "ugliest of ugly" Christmas "decor"! When you grow up with stuff, no matter what it looks like, it still carries the memories of our childhood. Love the pix of you guys with your dad! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your treasures are precious... I love the little angel with the lamb... your memories are even more special... love to you... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super sweet photo of your childhood! And very sweet images of sentimental lovelies. Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas (and extra hugs for your parents)! ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really wonderful pics, Misty! And I think that's you on your dad's lap, and Angelique nosing around in the presents. Am I right? ;-)

    Sending Christmas hugs and love,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Sit, have a cup of tea and let's chat for a while....