February 24, 2010

I am soooo sentimental...

Isn't she purty?? Yes, she is a pretty gurl. And I am going to make her a sister.
(This photo is from google) 
My parents are celebrating their 59th wedding anniversary this Sunday.
My mom and dad never had a wedding or anything of the sort..so I am going to make them a wedding cake.
It will model this one but with a few changes.
I am hoping that they will like it. I am going to start on it today.
Making tons of flowers by hand so that will be time consuming!!
I am a sentimnetal person and I would like my parents to have a wedding cake.
They never posed for a wedding picture but I found a beautiful pic of them together and had it framed and all of the family wrote a message on the mat for them a few years ago. They LOVED IT!!! It hangs in their living room for all to see. I think my mom wanted to cry but she is not the crying type. 
I love to see my mama smile....
maybe Sunday I can make that happen.

10 comments:

  1. what a lovely idea! I'm sure they will be thrilled. Good luck with the baking. Lucyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure made me smile.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely thing to do! That doesn't surprise me because you are such a sweetheart!

    LuLu♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see YOUR version of the cake, bet it puts it this one to shame!

    Happy Early 59th to you parents!

    XO,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your parents are blessed to have such a thoughtful caring daughter and a super talented one at that. please show us pictures when you get it all finished

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you will make your momma smile. That is most impressive. 59 years! Wow. Congrats to them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 59 years...WOW..very impressive! Good luck on the cake...wanna see pics eventually and tell mom and dad Congrats...glad it worked out...lol

    tootles,
    bunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay brave baker girl... I can't wait to see what you come up with!!! The pictured one is gorgeous - I know yours will be mistylicious!!! And... don't burn your house down. heehee

    Seriously - I can't wait to see what gorgeousness lies ahead!
    ;-) xoxo
    robelyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful, I can't wait to see your version!
    teri

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw...what a beautiful cake! you must post photos:)
    A very happy Anniversary to your Mom & Dad!!

    ReplyDelete

Sit, have a cup of tea and let's chat for a while....